Saturday, October 27, 2012

Rainy Saturday....

The sound of rain hitting the window is becoming familiar. October and November are known for rain. There's a song called November Rain isn't there? Today I am going to Joe's (my future brother-law's) house to celebrate the birthday of the Observer's Mom. I've not seen her since calling off the engagement party. I feel lucky to be included in her birthday. I need to take two buses to get to Joe's house. I will be in a lighter wheelchair. I'm nervous. At Easter when I traveled in the taxi, I flipped over. Thankfully I wasn't hurt. There are lots of family birthdays now. After visiting the Observer's family tonight, I'm going to stop by a restaurant to celebrate our 30th birthdays (my twin brother, my sister-in-law and myself) . I'm not a big party lover, so I'm just as happy to show up late. Small family dinners are more my style.....

Tomorrow my family is having dinner. As usual, my Mom is making my twin brother's favourite German Chocolate cake. My cake will be pumpkin cheesecake. It's a new recipe that I'm excited to try. My Mom is the best. She always makes birthday dinners special. Monday will be spent withe Observer. The plan is to go to Hot House Cafe and have stuffed chicken, mashed potatoes and chocolate cake. We'll see how brave I feel and how the weather holds up for our trek. The back-up plan is to see The Art Of Being A Wallflower. Whatever happens, we'll be together.

My actual birthday is on Tuesday. Since the Observer is working, Mom asked me if I wanted to come home. There is a part of my head that is freaking out about all the food that is ahead. Tuesday could be my chance to eat "cleanly" all alone. The other side of my head knows that Mom is having a cardiology appointment and it might be helpful if I were there to talk. I always worry about Mom and her heart....I've wasted so much time and energy worrying about food. I love my Mom more than my eating worries.

Next Sunday, my niece turns two and the Observer's Dad turns sixty four. Being in two places at once is impossible. We'll figure our plans out. There is so much love and celebrating. Life is short and it's times like these that make it count.

I'm out of the rain and grateful for that right now.

- OCG

No comments: