Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

It's been a very relaxed two days. Yesterday I went grocery shopping and bought vegetables with a grocery store gift card. The company (Tobias House Inc.) that provides my attendant care gave it to me. Isn't that sweet? Thank you Tobias House. I love grocery store gift cards. They are so practical!

The movie theater beside my apartment was playing the movie A Christmas Story. I was a bit late, but saw most of it. The main character had so much mischief in him, I couldn't help but think of my brother, Jeff and nephew, Cole. All three boys have blond hair. Later, I saw a Christmas performer sing songs and blow bubbles. Little kids were screaming with excitement and that made me excited!

Speaking of little kids, Skylar cracked me up. I went home on Friday for blood work. Later, Skylar came to make gingerbread cookies. I was in the bathroom when she walked in and asked, "Are you finished?" I told her "Yes" and she said, "Wait right there! Don't move...." I heard the cupboard door in the kitchen open and Skylar came back holding an M & M. She's being toilet trained and gets rewarded for success with an M & M. Clearly, the girl knows my history of digestive issues and thinks I deserve a prize for sucess. Actually, it's probably more likely, that to kids, success is success and it doesn't matter how old we are.  Kids don't judge and that's why I love them.

I read I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron. She was such a funny, gifted writer. The world misses her creativity. One of her expressions made me laugh. Today I tweeted, I spend so much time writing that I'm a "mouse potato."  

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I'm going to church and then taking the subway home. Christmas Eve feels so sacred. 

I heard this song last night and fell in love:

   Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

- OCG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was extremely pleased to uncover this site.
I need to to thank you for your time for this particularly wonderful read!
! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and i also have you book marked
to check out new things in your blog.
Here is my site : Apple Valley