Tuesday, January 22, 2013

3 a.m.


On my twentieth birthday, I  turned on the TV and watched Rob Thomas perform this version of 3 a.m. Live At Much Music. Rob Thomas explained that the song is about his Mom having cancer and being tired. Thinking about that and listening to the song makes me tear up. When Moms get sick, the ground beneath our feet feels shaky. Some nights we all feel lonely at 3 am. when sleep won't come. 

It's freezing outside. I stayed inside and scrubbed my table and phone. I texted and called friends too. I wasn't lonely. Once 3 am hits, I wonder what state I'll be in. Hopefully sleep.

- OCG 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this site. I'm hoping to see the same
high-grade blog posts from you later on as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has inspired
me to get my very own blog now ;)
Feel free to surf my page Upper James Manor