Sunday, January 20, 2013

A song, a book, a memory and a quote....

I heard this song called Somebody by Jukebox The Ghost in Williams-Sonoma yesterday. Listening to it makes makes me happy. Ten years ago, I used to meet my boyfriend, Ian at Yorkdale Mall and we'd sneak behind  Williams-Sonoma and kiss. Being that there was a big barbeque inside, we used to call  Williams-Sonoma "the barbecue store." Those are happy memories. 

I ate the best peanut butter and jam sandwich yesterday. Later, I read The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, which was an amazing book. It reminded me of It's Kind Of A Funny Story. Both talk about how confusing, sweet and heartbreaking adolescence can be. I fell in love with both characters. At the mall yesterday, I dropped my library card and a sweet lady picked it up for me. I discovered a new store I like called J Crew.  

My breakfast this morning was two pumpkin Pop Tarts. They were bunt but still delicious. We watched the movie Waitress on Friday. I heard this quote and smiled:  

I hope someday somebody wants to hold you for 20 minutes straight and that's all they do. They don't pull away. They don't look at your face.  They don't try to kiss you. All they do is wrap you up in their arms and  hold on tight without an ounce of selfishness to it.  

- OCG    

No comments: