Sunday, January 27, 2013

Simple.....




Yesterday there was a teachers' protest right where I live. The whole event could be seen from my sunroom window. My brother-in-law explained that teachers lost their bargaining rights. Though that's not right, a part of me thinks teachers ought to be glad they have a job. I'm on the fence. My sister and her family visited so the protest gave me that opportunity. We had cupcakes and pizza. I loved having them visit.

Speaking of visitors, I've had some bugs invade my apartment. They are harmless Armadillos that feed off moisture and wood. Ewww. Dad thinks they are coming from my neighbors balcony where there is lots of wood.  My home is getting sprayed tomorrow.  

I read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. I got all choked up. It's a beautiful story.

Bugs aside, life is simple and good.

- OCG


No comments: