Saturday, March 30, 2013

Breakfast And Moon....

It calms me down right away, the quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there, not with those kind men in their nice suits, and that lovely smell of silver and alligator wallets. If I could find a real-life place that made me feel like Tiffany's, then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name.”
 ― Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's



For a while, I've wanted to see Breakfast At Tiffany's. I really enjoyed the film. It's an old style chick flick but with some deep messages about love, being unique and class.

I finished reading The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat by Oliver Sacks. (I just learned that there's a "k" in Sacks). It was a bit too essay- like to be really entertaining. The book showed me that even people who have trouble communicating have valuable contributions to offer the world. Now I'm reading Inheritance by Indira Ganesan.

I saw my closest friends this week. On Tuesday, my friend Christina and I met at Union Station. Oh the pastry I ate that day! I'm stilling dreaming about it! On Wednesday I had a board meeting. I ate this turkey and cheese sandwich slathered with butter or mayo. Oh well, I ate. The next day April came for a visit and Starbucks. She brought me a beautiful flower arrangement that is sitting in an Easter basket. I love April. This morning an attendant asked if the flowers and basket were for Skylar. No way! They are mine. Yesterday Des and I had coffee at Timothy's. The place was packed, but Good Friday was good.

These lyrics from Moon River make me happy:

(Moon river, wider than a mile)
(I'm crossin' you in style some day)
Oh dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're going, I'm going your way

 

Hoppy Easter!

- OCG 

No comments: