Monday, March 25, 2013

Good for the soul...

It's been a good weekend. At my women's group on Friday, we watched Vera Drake, an old English movie on abortion. It was intense and made me uncomfortable. It's impossible to say for sure, but I think that,  if I were to get pregnant, I'd probably have a baby, not an abortion. Chris O'Dwod from Bridesmaids had a small part in Vera Drake. I love him but why couldn't we watch a female heavy comedy like Pitch Perfect instead?

A busker at the subway today stopped in the middle of singing to say, "Hey lady, nice vest!" I laughed. The fare collector recognized me from Tim Hortons because he helped me with my coffee earlier. This city is full of kind people...mostly. I spent the day with my parents eating and watching TV. At my last weight assessment, I gained two pounds, but whatever. I saw the cute guy at the subway tonight too. He's too young, but a cute guy is a cute guy. He probably thinks I'm sixteen years old. Speaking of cute, yesterday I watched Hoodwinked. It was a fun movie. I saw Tangled this week. I read As Sweet As Honey by Indira Ganesan. It's a deep, sweet story and reminded me of Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda. Now, I'm reading The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat by Oliver Sacs. Tammy, an attendant, lent the book to me. I own very few books. The library is my friend.  
 


Last night I had Starbucks tea with a friend and she laughed at my love of animated films. I'm convinced that friends, books, comedies and animated films are good for the soul. I'm also convinced that a busker at a subway station can make my day.

- OCG

No comments: