Monday, March 11, 2013

Rain, Roman Holiday, Clouds & Meatballs...



It's rainy, grey and damp outside today. I have not left my home. My day has been spent talking on the phone to my Mom, reading, listening to music and eating. My parents' dog Riley is sick. She's presumed to suffer from a rare motility problem in her stomach. There's no cure, but dogs sometimes improve with medication. Poor pup. Tomorrow I'm going home. I'm going to spend a few minutes rubbing her ears.  Aside from that sad news, the day has been alright. I just saw a dude who looks like he's trying to resemble a version of Micheal Jackson from the early 1980's. From outside my window, I could see a tall, skinny guy wearing a black leather jacket, black jeans, white socks, and black shoes. The dude's going for a style, but I can't say which one.

The last book I read was called Living and Dying in Brick City: An E.R. Doctor Returns Home by Sampson Davis. The book broke my heart and gave me hope too. Right now, I'm trying to read Love stories for the rest of us. It's a collection of short stories with contributors Genie Chipps and Bill Henderson. I'm mildly amused, so we'll see if I read every short story.

Over the weekend, I watched Roman Holiday starring Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn. As a little girl, my Grandpa copied Roman Holiday onto a VHS tape. I watched the movie, but could not remember much about the story. It's a beautiful movie about doing what we must even if it's not where our heart is. I love when Audrey Hepburn sees Gregory Peck waiting to interview her and she says, "So happy Mr. Bradley." I wished my Grandpa was sitting beside me watching Roman Holiday. He has this quick chuckle and I could imagine him laughing at the funny parts. I hope Grandpa's chuckle stays in my memory forever. 

Mom's birthday is tomorrow. We went looking for a footed crystal cake plate but had no luck yesterday. I won't give up. We watched Amazing Race and I ate a boatload of grub. My favourite food was my Mom's macaroni and cheese. I also enjoyed key lime flavoured Greek yogurt and cookies and cream ice cream. Before St. Patrick's Day comes and goes, I am going to have a shamrock shake from MacDonalds.

I fell alseep while watching Cloudy With A Chance Meatballs. Before closing my eyes, I did hear this quote from the movie: Have you ever felt like you were a little bit different? Like you had something unique to offer the world, if you could just get people to see it? Then you know exactly how it felt to be me.

That's an excellent hook. Hopefully I'll stay awake to watch the rest of the movie tonight.

- OCG

No comments: