Monday, April 15, 2013

Bittersweet and strange....

This song played in Timothy's Coffee today. Listening to it gives me a lump in my throat. I'm not sure why. It's beautiful. There was a bombing at The Boston Marathon today. Many people were injured and lives were lost. I saw a clip passing a restaurant window on the street. The sun went in and the sky turned grey.

My good friend April had a surprise birthday party this past Saturday. Her boyfriend organized a fancy dinner. My friend Christina was my date. I have two amazing friends.   

Yesterday I hung out with my Grandpa and my other family members. Last week we celebrated Grandpa's 86th birthday with ice cream cake. He enjoyed his cake and so did I. 

Recently,  I watched the DVDs Toy Story I, Beauty And The Beast and Sabrina.  Beauty And The Beast and Sabrina are worthy classics. Lately, my reading pace has slowed. Currently, I'm reading Until I Say Goodbye by Susan Spencer-Wendel about a woman determined to fill her life with joy while facing an uncertain future living with ALS.

My weight is back up to a healthy range. I've gained seven pounds in a year. The chub bugs me but at least I can poop. That's all I ask of my body for now. Weight loss is a little whisper in my life but not the roaring voice that used to demand I starve. I have come a long way. These lyrics from Beauty And The Beast echo my thoughts:
 
Tale as old as time
Tune as old as song
Bittersweet and strange
Finding you can change
Learning you were wrong
 
- OCG 

No comments: