Monday, April 01, 2013

Some Love...

"It takes a strong heart to love, but it takes an even stronger heart to continue to love after it’s been hurt." - Unknown

This morning my attendant, Emlyn came to show me this quote on her iphone. There was a picture of a girl with dark hair. She looked a bit like me. I was touched that Emlyn thought of me. Earlier in the morning, I told her how I found Easter fun but hard too. She understood. Most people do. Sitting at my family's dinner table, I often feel like I'm missing my right arm. I don't understand what happened. Sometimes I want to say, "How could you sit at the table and let your family insult me?" Other times I laugh at funny experiences we shared. Other times I cry because I was not good enough. Clearly, I have mixed emotions.  

Aside from matters of my heart, Easter was enjoyable. Cole and Skylar loved hunting for 
eggs and playing hide and seek. Skylar picked up an Easter egg and said, "This is for my friend Cole." My stomach got overwhelmed and sore, so I left to lie down. Cole came and picked up my hand and kissed it. Skylar said, "I feel you better." Lately my family has been eating ham for special occasions. I don't mind ham loaded with hot mustard. In sad news, Grandpa fell on his replaced knee and fainted from the pain. Poor Grandpa.....

From Inheritance by Indira Ganesan, I just tweeted,"{But} every time you move, you are either running toward something or running away from something." I suppose I am moving through seasons. My apartment is ready for spring. There are orange tulips sitting in a vase on my kitchen table. They are from Grandma. On my sun room table, there are pink daisies from Mom. I'm a lucky girl. Some love comes easily. Some love takes time, forgiveness and effort.  

- OCG        

No comments: