Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Funny face....

Today I tweeted: Just as we ought to treat others as we would want to be treated, we ought not ask others questions we would not want to be asked ourselves.

The mother of a former friend (who I no longer really speak to) was fishing for personal information. I kept our conversation brief. The woman knows my engagement ended. She pretended otherwise, but I'm not dumb. Move on lady. If I know something sad, why would I grill the person who got hurt? Now I know why her daughter is the way she is. More important, I'm glad we're not friends anymore. Sometimes the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

In happier news, I watched Funny Face starring Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire. It's a fun musical. I also finished The Soundtrack Of My Life by Clive Davis. The book was long, but I finished it. He spoke frankly of his struggles with Kelly Clarkson, love of Whitney Houston and Alicia Keys. I read Wallflower At The Orgy by Norah Ephron. It was mediocre. Remember how I watched the DVD The Hunchback Of Notre Dam? It was the sequel, so I'm going to see the first one soon. 

These lyrics are stuck in my head: 

 I love your Funny Face
your sunny, Funny Face
Though you're a cutie
with more than beauty
you've got a lot of
personal-i-ty for me

You fill the air with smiles
for miles and miles and miles
Though you're no Mona Lisa
for world's I'd not replace
your sunny-- Funny Face
 

One day I hope someone loves my funny face.....

- OCG

No comments: