Saturday, May 04, 2013

Silver Linings....

“In my arms is a woman who has given me a Skywatcher's Cloud Chart, a woman who knows all my secrets, a woman who knows just how messed up my mind is, how many pills I'm on, and yet she allows me to hold her anyway. There's something honest about all this, and I cannot imagine any other woman lying in the middle of a frozen soccer field with me - in the middle of a snowstorm even - impossibly hoping to see a single cloud break free of a nimbostratus.”
- Silver Linings Playbook

Welcome spring! I'm so glad you're here. We all made it through the winter. The weather has been BEAUTIFUL! Tonight I finished reading The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick. Silver Linings Playbook is intense, heartbreaking and positive. Beautifully written, the book won me over from the start. The ending paragraph moved me. Earlier this week, I read Still Point of the Turning World by Emily Rapp, about a mother whose son dies before his first birthday of Tay–Sachs disease. It was sad but very honest and well-crafted.

The Toronto Maple Leafs won their game tonight. Cheering filled the street. I think they now made the play-offs. This has not happened for a very long time. My dad and brothers will be thrilled!

I am the proud owner of a new hair dryer. My old one last ten years, so it didn't owe me anymore air. This morning was the first I used the new hairdryer. I was impressed. It even came with a new brush. You lose some and win some, right?  The Toronto Maple Leafs qualifying for the play-offs and a functional hair-dryer counts as a double win and a sliver lining. 

- OCG

1 comment:

Lurker said...

I just saw the Silver Linings Playbook movie this past weekend actually it was so quirky & wonderfully touching all at once. I think I even shed a few tears. Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper made a great on screen pair. If you haven't seen it yet I recommend it. Great way to spend an evening. Have an awesome day, hope all is well :).