Thursday, July 11, 2013

Flare....



Rain pelted the city on Monday. There was more rain in one hour then we usually accumulate for the whole month of July. Danielle called me to see if I wanted to meet her and here finance for coffee. After seeing the sky turn dark very quickly, I took a rain check. Outside looked like the Amazon rain forest. Many surrounding areas lost power. Subways were evacuated due to flooding. Go Trains were halted. I was home safe and sound. Phew! Sometimes even coffee isn't worth sacrificing safety.

I watched My Fair Lady and Same Time Next Year. My Fair Lady was OK. Same Time Next Year was a play I saw performed a few years ago. Sadly, I left before the play finished. I was excited to see the ending on DVD. Same Time Next Year was sweet. The last book I read was called Me Before You by Jo Jo Moyes. I enjoyed reading about a quadriplegic who wanted to die. It sounds dark but it was uplifting. Right now I'm reading a book called Wave by Sonali Deraniyagala. It's about the author's experience of losing her family in the tsunami of 2004 in Sri Lanka. The story is gripping.

I am updating my apartment. I bought a new love seat, a decorative pillow, a napkin holder, polka dotted napkins, a storage box, a mop, and storage bins. I'm looking for a big picture, and a throw. Change feels refreshing. At first I thought the pillow was ugly and matched nothing. Over time, I've grown to like the new pillow. It adds flare - kind of like these mixed up fonts.

Happy summer!

- OCG 

No comments: