"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it. "
"What I've figured out is that when you love somebody that much, that hard, that long, you can never get away from them, no matter where you go. And that only comes once in a lifetime. Just can't get a handle on it. I cannot let go."
"Why would an amazing woman like you even talk to someone like me? Why not?"
"My mommy died."
Oh, wow! My condolences go out to you and your family, Mr. Mee. Oh, wow.
Sweetheart, Mr. Stevens is a stranger honey. He didn't know mommy.
I know, but he should have.
Oh, oh, oh, oh! Just knowing you, Rosie, right now, I...I...I love your mom. Uh...I love her. I picture...I picture your face on a grown lady. "
- Quotes From The Movie We Bought A Zoo:
“Because you are defined not by life's imperfect moments, but by your reaction to them. And because there is joy in embracing - rather than running from - the utter absurdity of life.”
From The Book by Jenny Lawson, Let's Pretend This Never Happened:
1. Don't like something just because you think other people will like it, because they won't.
2. What you think is important isn't. What you think is unimportant is.
3. Lean into it.
4. Don't shit where you eat.
5. Most doors are closed so if you want them to open you need a cool knock.
6. Don't sleep with people who have more problems than you do.”
- From the movie People like us