23 Little Things That Let You Know You’re In The Right Relationship
2. You catch them looking at you every now and again and they always have this really appreciative, happy look on their face when they think you aren’t looking. (Unless you’re being dumb and they’re looking at you with that “Oh, you” look they give sometimes.)
3. Your friends really like them, and there’s never that weird feeling of “Oh, the significant other is coming along, time for everyone to be serious and not have as much fun.”
4. People often ask you if they have a sibling or a good friend who is single.
5. When you’re talking to them about a bad day you had, they always listen and actually give some kind of feedback, instead of just staring at you with this glazed-over look and waiting until you stop talking.
6. Errands, like going to the grocery store or taking a drive somewhere, are always made way more fun and interesting when the two of you are doing it together.
7. Actually, when you think about it, going grocery shopping together is one of your favorite things.
8. They know what your favorite junk foods are, and sometimes they surprise you with them.
9. Whenever the two of you fight, the fights always stay on topic and don’t ever get into matches of hurtful name-calling. You’re never afraid that they’re going to give you some terrible low blow over an unrelated argument.
10. You love showing each other music and movies that you love, and the other one always looks forward to discovering it.
11. They play well with kids, and are always down to entertain little siblings/cousins if you have them.
12. The two of you can just be lazy, wear PJs, order in Chinese food, and watch TV together. And it will be the best night ever.
13. All of the quirks that you’re used to hiding or downplaying are things that they actively love and appreciate about you, and go out of their way to let you know they appreciate.
14. They are very respectful to their elders.
15. When you have to compromise about something, they are always willing to give something up on their end. You aren’t left with the feeling like you’re the only one who is sacrificing to make things work.
16. They pick up after themselves without you having to ask them over and over, or making a really big deal about it. (Because no one wants to end up being a maid for their SO.)
17. You can tell them secrets and know that they aren’t going to judge you or make you feel weird about it.
18. When you go to an arcade together, they will often let you have their tickets so you can get something sweet off the top shelf and not be stuck with some lame plastic piece of crap.
19. Sometimes you snort-laugh around them, and they don’t make you feel weird about it.
20. When the two of you are lying on the couch together, they will stroke your hair in a way that feels just sooooo amaziiiing.
21. They aren’t afraid to tell you the truth when you’re doing something hurtful. They stand up for themselves when you need to be straightened out.
22. The two of you can share a pint of ice cream and break into a mini sword fight with your spoons when you reach the last bite.
23. Every time you wake up next to them and they’re still sleeping, you get this tiny little flutter of “Oooooh,” and want to do something between kissing them and pinching their cheek and squeezing them so hard they pop. But they look so peaceful, so you let them sleep.