Thursday, November 06, 2014

Humans of New York

Brandon,

I'm the teenage girl you met earlier today when I was walking with my dad and we talked for a little while about about my eating disorder, but I realized that I didn’t quite give the answers I felt were completely honest or were what I wanted to say. Thinking about it, what I really should have and wanted to say was that this whole experience of having an eating disorder has been complete shit, and it’s the hardest thing I have ever and probably will ever do. There’s no specific moment that has been particularly hard that my dad has helped me through, because the entire time it has just been an ongoing nightmare.
If this is what you want for the caption, I could keep going into great depth about what it’s like having an eating disorder, portraying it in a multitude of metaphors and descriptions that would give people something meaningful to respond or react to. But even still, this probably wouldn’t come close to giving people an idea of how difficult, confusing, draining and indescribable this disease is.
However, since this was originally about my dad and I, I wanted to say that another reason I can’t think of a specific time he’s helped, is because he has been here for me through all of it. The entire time, he has been trying his hardest to help me beat this, which I realize has been incredibly hard on him too, and I’m very appreciative and grateful for that. Whether you decide to use this (or part of) as the caption or not, thanks for reading it and allowing me to explain myself. By the way, would it be okay if you used the picture of our hands and left out my name?

Thank you.


From www.humansofnewyork.com

No comments: