Thursday, November 20, 2014

Snow!

Tonight is our first major snowstorm. Looking outside the window, there is a carpet of snow. It's smooth, sleek and pretty, but only because I'm warm inside my apartment. Matthew and I ate roasted potatoes, squash and rice for lunch. It was delicious, even if it was carbohydrate heavy. In the afternoon, we watched the movie Parkland starring Paul Giamatti, Billy Bob Thornton, Marcia Gay Harden, Zac Eforn, and Colin Hanks. The movie follows the Kennedy assassination for three days. It's graphic, fast paced and moving.  Watch it!

My brother, Shane has been struggling again and went to hospital yesterday. This is getting old. Poor everyone. I still have hope he will recover. I am proof that recovery is possible. I don't believe anything is possible, but I think sometimes our choices are made before we can choose them ourselves. Death shouldn't be a choice because, if my brother was healthy, he'd never choose to be an alcoholic.  I miss home and my family. I always do, even though I am very content. Not living at home makes alcoholism in my family more bearable. They are on my mind every day.


Matt is waiting for a slow cooker to be delivered from Amazon. It's my birthday present. He's excited. Some yummy soups and stews will be in our future. It's crazy to think that two years ago I didn't know how to make any meal but salad. Food is important to me now. It doesn't scare me; it makes me happy. The show Scandal makes me happy too. Winter or subsequent dry skin isn't making me happy. You can't have it all, right?


- OCG

No comments: